Portland Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Attorney
Is Bankruptcy Right for Your Situation?
Unfortunately, unexpected expenses or employment situations might make it difficult to manage financial obligations. In such circumstances, you have various opportunities available to regain control of your finances. One of those options is filing for Chapter 13 bankruptcy. This type of bankruptcy allows you to rearrange your income and debts and make payments to a trustee for a specified period.
Various rules govern Chapter 13 bankruptcy, which makes it a complex process. If you are considering this debt relief option, seek assistance from an experienced chapter 13 bankruptcy attorney in Portland. Backed by years of experience in bankruptcy law, Pacific Cascade Bankruptcy has a solid understanding of these types of matters, and we will help develop a repayment plan to meet your needs and goals.
For a free initial consultation, reach out to a Portland Chapter 13 attorney at (503) 850-2992 or online via contact form.
What Is Chapter 13 Bankruptcy?
Chapter 13 bankruptcy is a way to reorganize your finances and set up repayment plans for some of your debts. You must meet the following in order to be eligible to file for Chapter 13 bankruptcy:
- Secured debts must be paid if you wish to keep that property, but can sometimes be paid less than what you owe. Some other debts will have to be paid in order to complete the bankruptcy process, and Attorney Wisehart will delve into those during your consultation.
- In dealing with your credit card and medical debt, the total amount of your expenses is combined, and your monthly payments are calculated based on your income. Those payments go to a trustee who then remits them to the creditors included in the bankruptcy.
The duration of your plan can be from 3 to 5 years, and at its conclusion, your remaining debt is discharged, regardless of whether or not the payments satisfied the amount you owed.
Our Chapter 13 bankruptcy attorney in Portland can help you understand which debts can and cannot be included in the process, how the payment plan is set up, and what you need to do to get started.
Do I Qualify For Chapter 13 Bankruptcy?
To be eligible for a Chapter 13 bankruptcy there are a few steps that must be met, including:
- It must be for your own personal debt, this means that you cannot apply for a business that is in debt.
- To qualify, your unsecured (such as credit cards) and secured (such as car loans) debts cannot exceed specific amounts.
- You must have enough income to make payments according to your plan and have funds left for essentials.
- When preparing to file, you must gather information about all of your income, expenses, and assets to make your case to the court.
- Additionally, you must be current on tax filings, and cannot have filed chapter 13 in the past 2 years or chapter 7 in the past 4 years
Pacific Cascade Bankruptcy will go through your financial documents with you to determine if you are eligible for this debt relief option and prepare the necessary paperwork for the court.
Call (503) 850-2992 to Speak with a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Attorney in Portland
Attorney Wisehart is dedicated to providing personalized attention and helping you overcome your debt. He will work closely with you to understand your needs and goals and discuss your legal options. When you hire Pacific Cascade Bankruptcy, we will treat you with professionalism and respect, providing honest and open communication throughout the entire process.
To learn more about how Pacific Cascade Bankruptcy can help you get a fresh start, call (503) 850-2992 or contact us online.